Saturday, January 30, 2016

Love, Splat

I have to say that Valentine's Day is my absolute favorite holiday to celebrate with my students!  I love seeing students thrilled over simple cards they get from their classmates.  There is nothing sweeter than hearing kind words coming from second graders as they pass out their Valentine's Day cards!

This year, I am excited about a few activities I'm going to do to celebrate this wonderful holiday.  First, we're going to read Love, Splat by Rob Scotton and work to compare and contrast the main characters in the story.  Then, students are going to do a writing craftivity about a time they showed love to another person.  It's the perfect way to get students into the Valentine's Day spirit while still focusing on key reading and writing skills, of course!


You can get my entire Love, Splat unit HERE!

How are you planning to celebrate this sweet holiday in your classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment